CBD Vape Juice
CBD vape juice combines two of the trendiest topics in the market: CBD and vaping. Both products have come a long way to earn their mainstream titles. Vaping CBD comes with its benefits and is quickly picking up steam. However, to make the most out of CBD vape juice, you need to gather as much information as possible to allow you to pick the right products for the proper effects.
Our diverse collection of CBD Vape juice makes it easier to find the ideal size and concentration of CBD for all levels of vapers.
If CBD vape juices are not for you, we also have an outstanding collection of CBD tinctures, capsules, edibles, gummies and oil drops that you can try out.
What is CBD Vape Oil?
CBD vape juice comes in many names, including CBD e-liquid, CBD vape oil and CBD e-juice. All the terms refer to CBD designed for use with e-cigarettes. Depending on the type of e-cigarette, the vape juice can come prefilled in a cartridge that is screwed onto the vape pen or sold in a pre-packaged bottle.
The term CBD vape oil is often confusing because it infers that the product contains oil. This is not the case. CBD vape oil isn’t an actual oil. It is a blend of ingredients that include CBD, vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol, and flavouring to make a vape juice that you can vape just like you would a vape juice containing nicotine.
If you’re a first-time shopper, having the word “oil” used so frequently can be confusing. To save you the trouble, here’s a breakdown of the different CBD oils you can find.
- CBD oil – The term CBD oil refers to a solution of extracted from the hemp plant and mixed with carrier oils like coconut oil and MCT oil. The product is then packaged in tinctures with a dropper ready for use. CBD oils are commonly taken sublingually or mixed with foods and drinks. CBD oil is one of the purest forms of CBD complete with the raw and earthy taste of CBD.
- CBD vape oil – This refers to CBD vape juices and is designed for use with vape pens and other vaporising hardware. These come in an extensive range that includes different flavours providing a fun, immersive and compelling CBD experience.
- Other CBD oil – You will also come across the term ‘CBD oils’ when searching for topical CBD products. These products contain a variety of other ingredients that make CBD suitable for application on the skin, which is why they are often referred to as CBD oils. Some of the options in this category include CBD lotions, salves, and balms, among others.
Ingredients of CBD Vape oil
The range of ingredients varies from one CBD vape juice to the other. However, there are a few basic ingredients you’re likely to find in most CBD vape oil products.
- CBD – CBD is the single most important ingredient in CBD vape juice. Without it, CBD vape juice will not have the effects that it is famed for.
- PG and VG – Propylene Glycol is found in almost all vape juices. It’s also common in some candies, toothpaste, cosmetics, and frostings. It is a colourless and odourless product that helps to carry the CBD and distribute the flavour. In the vaping community, it’s also credited with providing a greater throat hit.
- Flavouring – Most CBD vape juices come in a variety of flavours. The flavouring used depends on the type of flavour you choose. However, all the flavourings used are MHRA-approved and are entirely safe.
- Vegetable Glycerine (VG) also features in some foods and cosmetics. It’s made from plant oils like soy, coconut and palm. It has a thick viscosity and is added to CBD vape juice and other vape juices to produce thick vapour clouds.
- Terpenes and Phytocannabinoids – These are vital elements in a CBD vape liquid extracted from the hemp plant. There are over 200 terpenes and over 100 phytocannabinoids. These are present in CBD vape juices made from broad-spectrum and full-spectrum CBD.
CBD vape liquids also feature a wide range of food colours and flavours. The extensive range of options in terms of colour and flavour determines the final results of the product. Some CBD vape liquids brands might also add an aroma to their products.
CBD Vape Oil vs CBD Vape juice
CBD vape oil and CBD Vape juice are the same thing. You can use CBD vape oil the same way you use CBD vape juice or any other vape liquid with your vaporiser.
If you can’t find a CBD vape oil in your favourite flavour, you have the alternative of buying CBD vape additives that you can add to your favourite vape juice to enjoy the benefits of CBD while maintaining the flavour of your favourite vape liquid.
How is CBD vape juice made?
It’s always prudent to know what you’re putting into your body. Vaping CBD on its own isn’t a good idea. That is why CBD vape juice is a blend of several food-grade and safe ingredients that bring fun and enjoyment to the vaping experience.
Like other CBD products, the making of CBD vape juice starts with extracting of CBD from the hemp plant. The hemp plant varieties used to extract CBD have a high CBD yield with very low THC.
After extraction, the CBD is mixed with various ingredients which include vegetable glycerine, Propylene Glycol, food colours and multiple flavours to make the final product which is the CBD vape juice. The process of making CBD vape juice is tightly controlled to prevent contamination and maintain integrity.
How does CBD Vape Oil Work?
Although CBD vape oil is a different product, it works the same way as other CBD products. It relies on the Endocannabinoid System and other non-cannabinoid receptors to confer the effects.
What is the Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
The ECS is a system found in all mammals, including humans. This system has the mandate of maintaining balance (homeostasis) in the body and regulates various systems, including the central nervous and peripheral nervous systems as well as the immune system.
The ECS is comprised of:
- Cannabinoid receptors – Cannabinoid receptors are the binding sites where cannabinoids attach themselves. The ECS has two types of receptors: the CB1 and CB2 receptors. These help the ECS carry out its roles in regulating body activity. CB1 receptors are found in the brain and help in regulating memory, pain, emotion, movement, endocrine and autonomic systems. The CB2 receptors are found in immune cells and help to regulate pain, mood, chronic inflammation and neuroinflammation. They are commonly targeted by endocannabinoids and phytocannabinoids like those found in the cannabis plant.
- Enzymes – Enzymes are located inside the receptors and help in the breakdown of cannabinoids.
- Endocannabinoids – These are cannabinoids produced inside the body. They are similar to CBD but have a different chemical composition.
How CBD vape oil is absorbed into the body
Vaping is the fastest way of delivering CBD into your body and it has the highest bioavailability because the CBD doesn’t have to go through filters like the skin or liver and does not go through processes like digestion.
Once you vape CBD, it is delivered into the lungs, specifically the air sacks which have a rich supply of blood from the surrounding capillaries. The CBD is absorbed into the bloodstream through the air sack membranes and then transported around the body to the different receptor sites.
CBD is not only able to influence effects using the ECS. It can also impact non-cannabinoid receptors in various ways:
- Serotonin receptors – In high doses, CBD can activate the hydroxytryptamine receptor to activate anti-anxiety effects. This receptor helps in modulating various biological functions like appetite, sleep, vomiting, pain perception and nausea.
- TRPV1 receptors – For its therapeutic effects, CBD has to interact with ion channels. The TRPV1 receptors are among those that act as ion channels. It helps to manage inflammation, body temperature and pain.
- GPR55 – When activated, this receptor helps in limiting the spread of cancer cells as one study conducted in shanghai found out. CBD acts as an antagonist for GPR55 by blocking is signalling which decreases the spread of cancer cells and bone reabsorption.
CBD also plays other roles in the body. One of them is a reuptake inhibitor that helps to increase the concentration of endocannabinoids in the brain’s synapses. It also prevents the reuptake of adenosine for anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety effects.
Lastly, CBD can impact how a receptor transmits a signal by changing the shape of the receptor. This is the same way that pharmaceutical drugs like Valium work. Changing a receptor signal can help in various ways like conferring sedative effects and reducing anxiety depending on the receptor being influenced.
How to Use CBD Vape Juice?
Most CBD users are familiar with how to use CBD tinctures and other CBD products. These don’t require extra tools to use CBD, but they’re not nearly as fun or as trendy as vaping CBD. Here’s how to use CBD vape juice.
What to consider when buying CBD vape juice
Buying CBD vape liquid isn’t a process you should take lightly. Choosing the right product goes a long way in ensuring you get the best possible experience even on your first try. Some of the things to keep in mind when buying CBD vape oil include:
- Isolate, full or broad spectrum – First, you need to determine the type of CBD vape oil you want to buy. Full-spectrum is highly recommended because it contains all the goodness of the cannabis plant. However, some users have reservations about vaping THC. If you still want to enjoy the other terpenes and phytocannabinoids, then the next best option is broad-spectrum CBD vape oil. If strictly CBD is your choice, you can go for CBD isolate.
- Strength of CBD – The concentration of CBD you choose is another factor to consider. For first time users, it’s always best to start with low strength then work your way up. High strength CBD is recommended if you have a chronic condition, or for experienced CBD users.
- Quality assurance – Vaping substandard CBD products could pose a serious risk to your health. Ensure you only use CBD vape oils that are third-party lab tested and come with a certificate detailing the composition of the vape liquid.
- Buy your preferred CBD vape juice – First, you need to buy your preferred CBD vape juice. At Koi CBD, we have plenty of options for you. When purchasing, you need to pay attention to the concentration of CBD in vape juice. This will help you calculate the CBD dose to take depending on your body weight, body chemistry and the purpose of taking CBD.
- The ingredients – Most CBD vape juices contain pure ingredients. Most of the ingredients on the list are common and easy to read. If you notice CBD vape juices with complicated ingredient names, it’s advisable to consider another option. If you’re also concerned about taking any THC, you should check the list to confirm whether or not the product you have selected contains any THC before purchasing.
- The brand – Some brands in the CBD world like KOI CBD have solidified themselves as reliable, trustworthy brands that have consistently delivered superb CBD products for thousands of CBD lovers. When purchasing CBD vape juice, check the brand’s online reputation through online reviews and references. Take some time to search the company or the brand you’re buying to make sure it is worth it. Although there are amazing brands that are coming up, if you’re new to the CBD scene, it is best to stick to the reputable brands that have been around for some time. They are much easier to research and get accurate customer feedback.
- Your needs – Some CBD Vape juices might also contain THC and cannabigerol, which help amplify effects when using the product for medical reasons. When using CBD as a daily supplement, you can get CBD vape juice made from CBD isolate. But for more chronic health conditions, full-spectrum CBD vape juice delivers the best effects.
- Third-party lab results – The importance of third-party lab results is often understated for CBD vape juices. Go for CBD vape juices that have accessible third-party lab results. With these results, you get unbiased insight into the ingredients present in the product and the concentration of CBD. You should always check the third-party lab results in every CBD product you buy.
- Cost – The highest-quality CBD vape juices can be pricey, especially considering that you need to buy them frequently. You need to find something that fits your budget without burning holes in your pockets. However, you shouldn’t skimp on the prices too much that you end up with a low-quality product. Before purchasing the vape juice, research the benefits and the brand of vape juice to ensure you’re getting the best deal in terms of price and quality.
Choose your CBD vape
There are various products you can use to vape CBD. The list of options includes commonly used devices and others that are easier to use designed for beginners and others for more experienced users that offer a customised experience.
If you feel intimidated, it doesn’t hurt to start with the simplest option and then work your way up.
- Disposable CBD vape pens – These are entry-level CBD vape devices. They are easy to use and inexpensive. They are lightweight with a cigarette-like design. The best thing about disposable vape pens is that they come pre-filled with CBD vape juice. You don’t have to worry about refilling, which can be intimidating at first. The pen comprises a built-in coil and battery, so you have everything you need to start vaping CBD right away. The only downside with these pens is that you have to dispose of them after the CBD is finished.
- CBD oil cartridges – These are a more sophisticated option to the disposable vape pens but are still considerably simple to use. They are cylindrical vape tanks that also come pre-filled with CBD vape juice. The cartridges hold about 0.5ml to 1ml of CBD vape juice. All you need to do is pair them with a vape pen or a battery with a 510 thread compatible with the 510 cartridges.
- CBD pods – On the surface, CBD pods feel like vape pens. But they are more modern with more flexibility. These happen to be the most popular vapes on the market, striking a balance between experience and intermediate users on their way to the top. For vapers that are still in between CBD and nicotine, these are a favourable option because you can swap out the CBD pod depending on what you’re vaping.
- Refillable CBD vape pens – For CBD users that have decided to stick with vaping CBD, refillable and rechargeable vape pens are the way to go. You can fill up the pen with your preferred CBD vape juice. Refillable vape pens have a simple tube-like battery attached to a vape tank and have an internal coil. Vape pens are an ideal option for more seasoned vapers that want intense vapour production and enhanced flavour compared to disposable pens. Refillable CBD vape pens are also more effective to run long-term, but require some basic maintenance like changing the coils and cleaning the tank.
- Pod vapes – There are some pod vapes that you can use with CBD. When purchasing one, ensure that it can handle vape liquids with thick viscosity because CBD vape juices contain 70% vegetable glycerine or more. With pod vapes, you have a broad range of options to choose from because they come in different forms and sizes.
How to vape CBD
Now that you have your preferred CBD vape juice and device, you can now start vaping CBD. The first step is always to read the manual of your chosen device.
If you have a disposable vape pen, it doesn’t require any preparation. You simply get it out of the package and inhale. Most of them are draw-activated, which saves you the trouble of fidgeting with buttons.
The other devices require more knowledge to get them working properly. If you’re a vaper, you shouldn’t have any problem with them. Here are some tips to help newbies start vaping using different tools.
How Does Vaping CBD Work?
Vaping CBD works with the help of vaporisers, which have four main parts; the tank, the battery, the heating element and the CBD vape juice.
The battery on the vaporiser powers the heating element inside the tank, causing it to heat up and warm the coils. When the CBD vape juice touches the hot coils, the liquid vaporises, producing the clouds of vapour witnessed when you draw.
The vapour produced has a high CBD concentration, which goes into the air sacks in the lungs, which have a rich supply of capillaries where the CBD is absorbed into the bloodstream.
How to use a CBD oil cartridge
- Remove the cartridge from the packaging and connect it to the 510 battery of the vape pen.
- Turn on the device using the power button. Click the button five times to turn on the device.
- While inhaling, keep the firing button pressed down. Always start with small puffs as you test the experience.
- Take between five to ten minutes before puffs to assess how the CBD affects you.
- Start with a low dose and work your way up to an optimal dose after getting used to the device.
How to use a CBD pod
- CBD pods use a JUUL battery.
- JUULs are draw-activated, so all you need to do is draw.
- The first few draws should be short. Waiting about 10 minutes before taking the next one.
- Since the batteries are rechargeable, you can tap the JUUL twice to check the battery life.
- As with other CBD products, start slow and build up to your optimal dose.
How to use a CBD vape pen
- Fill the tank of your vape pen with your preferred CBD e-juice.
- For the best results, prime the coil. This also prolongs the life of the coil.
- Wait about ten minutes before firing so the coil can saturate.
- After ten minutes, click the power button five times to turn on the device.
- You can adjust the airflow to your liking if the device has adjustable airflow.
- Press the firing button down while inhaling. Like with the other devices, start with short draws.
- With CBD vape pens, you need to clean the vape tank regularly for the best results and to prevent altering the taste of your CBD vape juice.
That is how you can use CBD vape juice using different vaping devices. If it’s your first time, it doesn’t hurt to start with the most basic device as you build your experience and understanding of the different tools before upgrading. This ensures you can enjoy maximum results with the least challenges and frustrations.
Can You Vape Other CBD Products?
Not all CBD products are designed for vaping. You should only use CBD products as directed by the manufacturer. Other than CBD vape liquid, you can also use CBD additives with your vaping tools.
CBD additives are a unique blend that allows you to enjoy the benefits of CBD in conjunction with your favourite vape liquid. CBD additives are perfect for experienced vapers with a unique taste that makes it hard to find CBD vape liquids of the same flavour. With a CBD additive, you add the CBD to your shortfill bottle and you now have a CBD vape liquid in your favourite flavour.
The additive does not alter the flavour of the vape liquid and retains its integrity, preserving your vaping experience.
What are the Benefits of CBD Juice?
Vaping CBD vape oil is becoming a preferred method for many CBD users because of its many and unique benefits.
Vaping CBD is the fastest way to experience immediate relief. CBD vape oil has a quicker absorption rate taking only a few minutes for you to start experiencing the effects compared to other forms of CBD like edibles or oils.
When vaping, CBD reaches your bloodstream through the lungs. It doesn’t have to go through the digestive system making it an ideal solution for fast relief from various conditions and instant delivery of many health benefits.
Vaping CBD not only delivers CBD into your bloodstream quickly. It also delivers more CBD into your system – up to 56%. This allows for more of the compound to be absorbed into the body for faster and more effective results. Having a higher bioavailability makes it easier for you to calculate your ideal dose and it also means you’re more economical on CBD vape oil because you need less to meet your daily CBD requirements.
Better overall experience
Vaping CBD e-juice is easily the most exciting way to take CBD. CBD vape juices come in various flavours that bring a tasteful twist to CBD consumption. The wide range of flavours includes fruity, dessert-inspired and some nostalgic flavours.
With as little as your vape device, you can enjoy a hassle-free way to take your CBD on the go. The CBD vape oil and the vaping device are small items that you can easily fit into your pocket, allowing you to take your CBD everywhere you go.
Since vaping is on the rise, you’ll attract fewer curious looks and nobody will know you’re vaping CBD.
Vaping is easy to learn
It might feel intimidating at first. But after a few tries and reading the manual, you should be able to operate most vaping devices with ease. Beginner-friendly devices make the task at hand even easier by coming with the CBD vape juice pre-filled so you can vape within seconds of receiving your device.
It is affordable
Vaping CBD is not the cheapest way to take CBD, but it’s affordable. CBD vape oils come at various prices depending on the spectrum like other CBD products making it easy for you to choose a product that is within your budget. The same applies to vaping tools.
Vaping is relaxing
Research shows that CBD might have relaxing effects. But vaping in itself is quite relaxing and calming. It’s a great way to unwind with the delicious flavours and scents that come from vaporised vape juices.
Disadvantages of Vaping CBD Juice?
There are a few downsides to vaping CBD vape juice to keep in mind. But nothing too significant to get you worried.
- It requires a little investment – Unlike other CBD products like tinctures or capsules, with CBD vape oils, you need to make a small investment in the vaping equipment. But there are various tools at different prices so you can pick one within your budget.
- Vaping can be addictive – CBD in itself hasn’t been found to be addictive. On the contrary, one of the reasons why people use it is because it is thought to help overcome addiction. However, vaping can be addictive because of how calming it is.
- Possible allergies to PG – CBD vape oil contains Propylene Glycol as one of the ingredients which might trigger allergic reactions in some people. If this applies to you, you can opt for a 100% VG blend.
CBD e-liquid FAQs
Is CBD e-liquid Safe?
Like CBD, vaping is receiving its fair share of misconceptions. There’s still a lot of research about CBD and vaping that will shed light on the full benefits and potential downsides of both. But anecdotal evidence is very encouraging.
There are risks associated with not handling vaporisers with the proper care and safety measures. But with all factors constant and with quality CBD vape liquids, you shouldn’t have any problems.
However, CBD users have reported mild reactions after taking CBD in any form, including CBD vape juice. Although these cases are extremely rare, it is worth highlighting these side effects. They include;
- Drowsiness and nausea – In most cases, these side effects are associated with taking high doses of CBD. If you notice any of them, it’s best to reduce your CBD intake.
- Dry mouth – especially with CBD vape products.
- Rash – Mostly with topical CBD products but also with other types of CBD products
Although CBD vape juice is mainly safe for most users, it’s highly recommended that you consult a physician before you start taking any CBD products or if you’re taking other types of medications.
Is CBD vape oil legal in the UK?
There are no laws that ban or prohibit the use of CBD vape oil in the UK. The only limitation is that vape equipment should only be sold to adults. Institutions and facilities like hospitals train terminus and airports can also limit vaping within the premises.
Will vaping CBD show up in a drug test?
Vaping CBD will not return a positive test. CBD vape oils are carefully processed to ensure the levels of THC are within the maximum allowed limit of 0.2%. This ensures you don’t return a positive test. If you’re still concerned, you can opt for CBD vape oils made from broad-spectrum or CBD isolate which don’t contain any THC.
Does vaping CBD juice get you high?
Unlike THC, CBD does not have psychoactive effects. That means that vaping CBD juice will not get you high. However, you can feel a sense of calmness and relaxation after vaping CBD.
How does CBD vape make you feel?
Mainly, vaping CBD makes you feel relaxed. However, the complete range of feelings varies from person to person and it also depends on the symptoms at hand. Users have reported feeling calm and relieved of stress after vaping CBD.
Are there any side effects associated with vaping CBD?
Vaping CBD delivers an enormous amount of CBD within a short time. This can result in a few undesirable side effects, which include nausea, drowsiness, and diarrhoea. Lowering your dosage can help to mitigate these effects and make the experience more desirable.
Does CBD Show on a Drug Test?
CBD is often confused with THC. With that comes many myths and misconceptions about CBD, especially because THC is an illegal substance in the UK. Some CBD users have to undergo regular drug screenings for work. Therefore, the potential of CBD showing up on a drug test is a huge concern for them.
CBD is a legal substance in the UK and is not even looked for on a drug test. However, some CBD vape juices are made from full-spectrum CBD oil, which contains trace amounts of THC, making some CBD lovers uneasy.
The amount of THC contained in full-spectrum varieties is 0.2% which is within the legal limits and hardly appears in tests.
For CBD users who prefer not to take any THC, broad-spectrum CBD products or isolates are a perfect choice. Broad-spectrum CBD vape juices will deliver the entourage effect without any risks of ingesting THC. These products have zero THC, so you don’t have to worry about turning a positive drug test.
Does CBD vape juice contain nicotine?
Regular vape juice contains nicotine because most vapers are former smokers who want to get that throat hit for satisfaction. But, CBD vape juice should never contain nicotine. Also, you shouldn’t add nicotine to your CBD vape juice because nicotine degrades CBD.
If you use the same device for vaping nicotine juice and CBD vape juice, try and have two tanks to keep the two juices separate and safeguard your CBD’s effectiveness.